Also, I don't have a picture because it was THAT good. What's left of it doesn't make a nice picture.
Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
Modified slightly from SkinnyTaste
1. Cook pasta and broccoli together in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions for al dente (or slightly under cook 2 minutes).
2. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Preheat oven to 375°.
4. In a large, heavy skillet, melt butters. Add onion and cook over low heat about 2 minutes, add flour and cook another minute, or until the flour is golden and well combined. Add milk and chicken broth and whisk, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil; cook about 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes smooth and thick.Season with salt and pepper.
5. Once the sauce is thick, remove from heat, add cheese and spicy mustard and mix well until cheese is melted. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cooked macaroni and broccoli and mix well.
6. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with the extra handful of grated cheese and then breadcrumbs.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden.
I dare you to not inhale this.