Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cape Cod + Frosting

I love Cape Cod, it's lovely. This past weekend, I was able to visit to celebrate Scott's birthday. We are officially the same age again after a month of me being older! Happy Birthday!!

Cape Cod is the vacation destination for a lot of New Englander's, for good reason. There are beaches that look like this...


(I can't take credit for this picturing, only the Instagraming. Maybe Scott will be designated picture taker for this site, seeing he is infinitely better than I am. Don't tell him I said that.)

And food that looks like this...



This was from Arnold's, in Eastham. So delicious. Do not be put off by the line out the door, it's so worth the wait!

And bicycles...



My butt still hurts. I haven't ridden a bike in YEARS, but I rode that one (the green one)! We may have had small collision that was not my fault. The tire on the other bike may be bent from that collision. But only maybe...

I love Cape Cod. I think everyone should make sure to go and visit. It's such an easy trip from Boston, too. Between the food, the adorable houses, and the insane beaches it's the perfect nearby vacation destination. For a quick trip, we certainly had a great time.

For his birthday celebration, I also made Scott a cake. Yellow cake with chocolate malt frosting to be exact, his favorite combination. The cake was okay, reminiscent of a cornbread texture rather than a light, fluffy cake, so that still needs work. However, the frosting was delicious and I would never keep delicious frosting from anyone, so here is the recipe!

Chocolate Malt Frosting

1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup malted milk powder
7 tablespoons milk

1. Beat butter, salt, and vanilla extract together until smooth and creamy.
2. Mix together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and malted milk powder in separate bowl.
3. Alternately add milk and sugar mixture in a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment