Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt

I had a hugeeeee cookie craving yesterday. I usually do a marathon cookie baking session at Christmas and make little boxes for everyone I know. It's insane, and I love it. Yesterday, I realized I hadn't made cookies since Christmas... crazy right? If I have, I don't remember doing it. 

So, I went hunting. Pinterest is my obsession, and I think I'm way too in love with it and should have a pintervention, but then it goes and brings me to recipes like these. And everything is fine. This is a chocolate cookie, rolled around a bit of caramel, then sprinkled with sea salt. Yea, I know. Dreamy.


I was obsessed. After making dinner, I decided to bust these out. And they were EASY and came together so fast. From mixing to eating it took about 30 minutes. Very rarely do I really love how a recipe comes out the first time i make it. I usually make it once, figure out what I need to change and then make it again and make it my own. This one though, I loved the very first time. I can't think of anything I'd change. The only thing I altered was the method a little bit, because I really hate using 100 bowls (even though I just bought a new glass set from Crate + Barrel I've been lusting after forever!). No dishwasher, tiny apartment. :( And added a little water because the dough was super crumbly.

These cookies. Are delicious. I love them. You will too.




There might be one missing out of that left corner. I couldn't help it. Strictly testing purposes.

Also, I really did try to figure out how to use my camera last night. However, there are far too many buttons and I wanted cookies. So, until I have more time and am less spacy, all pictures will be through Instagram. Unacceptable, I know. I'll work on it.


Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt
Recipe from Two Peas and their Pod
  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used greek!)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 11 soft caramels, chopped in half
  • Sea salt 

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF; line 2 baking sheets with baking paper, lightly coated with cooking spray. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Sift together flour, soda, and salt into a large bowl, set aside.

2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars (mixture will resemble coarse sand). Add yogurt and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add to flour mixture, stirring until moist. (I added a tablespoon of water here because my dough was really crumbly.) Wrap the chocolate dough around the caramel balls. Place balls on cookie sheets and sprinkle with sea salt.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.

I got about 22 cookies. There are maybe 3 left. I'm not sorry.

Does anyone else have the same freaky obsession with salted caramel as I do? I don't want to be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment