Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Book Review: In Honor

I just realized I hadn't done a book review in awhile! For shame. Usually, many of the books I read involve food. I have many of those i should tell you about, I'm sure I will one day. But today, I want to talk about a book I read this weekend. On the beach. It was glorious. I love Cape Cod. And I should listen to my boyfriend when he tells me to put on sunscreen, but that's another story. (In my defense, it was extremely cloudy. I do realize this was still dumb.)

Anyway, the book.

It's called In Honor by Jessi Kirby.

In Honor

This book was a relatively quick read and was well written, smart and funny. As I've said before, my little brother is awesome, and so anything with brother's gets me good. This book is about Honor and how she loses her brother Finn in Iraq. Already a heartbreaking story and then her brother's ex-best friend Rusty shows up. Honor is naive, heartbroken, and stubborn and Rusty is a grieving hot mess of a man. They embark on a cross country road trip in her brother's memory and along the way discover things about themselves, each other, and Finn that change their outlooks on their own lives. You root for the main characters, smack Rusty for the things that come out of his mouth, and genuinely feel for Honor. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, I can appreciate it and see how it works for Honor and Rusty. All in all, a good read. I'm a sucker for anything with cowboy boots.

Yes, it's a YA book. Sorry I'm not sorry that I read them and love them. I think everyone will like this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment